Want to join the Arb & Grounds team? Good call. We’re always on the lookout for passionate, hard-working individuals to join our team in Derby. As a family-owned company, we look after our staff and treat them as just that, family. Taking the greatest pride in what we do, we’re a company that cares just as much about our team as our service.
We’re all about exceeding customer expectations, so we want people who share that same drive in not just doing a good job, but a great job. It also doesn’t hurt to have an interest in garden maintenance, mechanics, engines or a similar industry.
Check out our current vacancies below.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,000-£30,000 per year
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Mechanic/Technician to join our expanding team.
You’ll be responsible for servicing and repairing various types of garden and grounds machinery to the highest standards - completing tasks with minimal supervision.
Duties include diagnosing problems, repairing mechanical issues and identifying/replacing parts. It’ll also include maintenance such as engine, driveline and transmission testing, oil/filter/spark plug changes, chassis cleaning, blade balancing/sharpening and other general service work.
Plus you’ll help prepare quotes, clean/maintain the workshop area and pick up/deliver equipment as and when required.
ARB & Grounds is a family-owned company and Derby’s largest distributor of garden and grounds machinery and arborist equipment.
We sell, service and repair everything from lawnmowers, chainsaws and hedge trimmers to leaf blowers, wood chippers and strimmers/brushcutters. But most importantly, we pride ourselves on our exceptional service. Always going the extra mile to make sure each and every customer is happy.
Our workshop provides specialist servicing and repairs, dealing with prestigious brands such as Stihl, Husqvarna, Etesia, Stiga, Cub Cadet, Hayter and many more.
- You’ve got 5+ years of experience in a similar role/environment and you’re able to show an excellent understanding of mechanical machinery.
- You’re fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
- You have excellent attention to detail and you’re able to manage your own workload in a busy environment without supervision.
- You take pride in your work and aim to be the best. You’re committed to driving the company forward.
- You’ll have no issues attending manufacturer-specific training courses as and when they become available (training will be provided on our company processes).
- (Owing to the nature of the work) you have no issues handling and moving large or heavy pieces of equipment when required.
- Relevant land based machinery qualification such as City & Guilds or BTEC
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical machinery (2 & 4 stroke petrol engines, hydraulics and electrical components)
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Mechanic/Technician in a similar environment
- Aptitude in using a range of workshop tools
- Ability to follow processes, instructions and adhere to health and safety regulations
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a team
- Fluent in English
- IT literate
- Full UK driving licence
- Willingness to work weekends and additional hours as and when required
- No criminal record (role is subject to a DBS check)
- Experience working specifically with garden and grounds machinery
- Previous garden and grounds machinery manufacturer training
- A passion for garden maintenance, mechanics, engines or a similar industry
- Experience working with both commercial (B2C) and trade (B2B) customers/clients
Want to apply?
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please send your CV and cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for ARB & Grounds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not seen anything that suits you? Get in touch with us - we may have your perfect role in the future.