Servicing & Repairs
Something broken or in need of some TLC? Our experienced technicians deal with most brands of garden and grounds machinery for commercial and domestic use - whatever the size or age (just as long as we can obtain the parts).
We know our machines inside and out - always going the extra mile to advise you properly, so you get years of use out of your equipment.
And we don’t just follow a standard checklist. We inspect your machinery in great detail - ensuring we flag anything you need to be aware of and keep you updated through the entire process. Ultimately, we’ll only carry the work out if we have your authorisation.
Can’t see your machinery listed? Get in touch, we might still be able to help.
Why servicing is important
Just like your car, your garden and grounds machinery needs regular maintenance to stay in good working order.
Regular servicing maximises performance, keeps it working for longer, minimises overall downtime and, importantly, keeps the manufacturer’s warranty in place.
A typical service includes (but is not limited to):
- Start-up and test run
- Check overall condition for damage
- Battery check
- Check tyre pressure and condition
- Inspect all belts, pulleys, fuel lines, cutting spindles, bearings and housings
- Check blade condition and sharpen/replace the blades as necessary
- Change oil and filter (if fitted)
- Clean/change air filter
- Clean/renew spark plug(s)
- Check full operation of machine and safety systems
- Check the start-up
- Check overall condition for damage
- Clean, sharpen and balance rotary blade
- Change engine oil
- Clean/change spark plugs as required
- Check fuel system
- Check, clean and lubricate the wheels
- Inspect wheel adjusters
- Test run of the machine, with full operation and safety check
- External cleaning
- Engine cleaning
- Oil drain and change
- Oil, air and fuel filter change
- Spark plug change
- Blade balancing and sharpening
- Transmission, wheel and safety system testing
What we charge for:
- Handheld machinery: from £70 + parts + VAT
- Rotary lawnmowers: from £70 + parts + VAT
- Rotary ride-on lawnmowers: from £280 + parts + VAT
- Cylinder lawnmowers: costs vary due to the complexity of this type of blade, so get in touch or use the form at the bottom of the page
- Inspection fees on all machinery: if you agree to us carrying out the work on your machinery, the inspection fee is knocked off the final bill (scroll down for more info on inspection fees).
Please note: prices may change, so please check with us.
Whether you’ve bought from us or not, we can help assess and advise on what’s best to do with your broken machinery. Our team of technicians will inspect your machinery, identify the work or parts needed and provide you with a quote. We’ll break down everything so you know exactly what’s being done, why and at what cost.
Extra time on a job is charged at £35 + VAT per half hour.
Should you decide to not go ahead with the quote, or if the machinery’s deemed beyond economical repair, there will be an inspection fee of:
- £35 + VAT for lawnmowers and most handheld machinery
- £70 + VAT for disc cutters saws
- £100 + VAT for ride-on lawnmowers
- Bespoke quote + VAT for commercial ride-on lawnmowers (please get in touch for a quote)
Please note: the inspection fee will need to be paid when dropping the item off with us.
Why is there an inspection fee?
It’s because our technicians have to take the machine apart to inspect it in detail, which isn’t something that can be done quickly. Ultimately we have to carry out work to find out what’s wrong, rather than just guessing, and this requires time and resources. This way you get a thorough - not basic - report of what needs to be done.
We hope you understand, but please talk to us if you have any questions prior to dropping anything in with us.
Collection & delivery
Enquire About a Service or Repair